How Can We Clean Up Our Waterways Without Stuffing the Economy?
The Government has some laudable goals for cleaning up our freshwater, but their ideas are sorely lacking in detail. This uncertainty on implementation rightly has some farmers worried.
Do you care about water quality in the Waikato? Do you want to see more action from central government on water issues? Are you sick of the urban/rural divide, and do you want clear solutions that have been proven to work elsewhere? We have some ideas, and we’d love to hear yours.
Geoff Simmons, the Leader of TOP, will be in Hamilton on Wednesday 13th November at 6.30pm at the Meteor Theater (1 Victoria St) to talk to you about water and any other issues you’d like to discuss (such as how to reduce the cost of housing and prepare for the economic disruption ahead).
Neither Labour nor National have what it takes to solve the big issues we face as a society, because career politicians are more interested in keeping their jobs than making the changes we need. TOP is about doing what works and dealing to the big problems that affect us now and in the future. In order to solve these problems we believe Kiwis need to Vote Different.
Back to water though…
– We see water as a public resource and its commercial use shouldn’t be a freebie.
– We want all NZ rivers to be swimmable and all ecosystems sustainable.
– We want to hand future generations cleaner water, and stop the degradation of our environment.
– We think polluters should pay, and sustainable businesses should be rewarded.
– Most importantly, we want to achieve this without more cost to you, the taxpayer.
So if you’re interested in making a real difference to New Zealand and especially our waterways, come and meet Geoff and the local TOP team. Discuss the challenges and raise your questions at the Meteor Theater on Wednesday 13th from 6.30pm. Or if you can’t make it this time, Vote Different next time!